Friday, April 15, 2016

Concrete Jungle

We are just coming off of a string of time in the big cities of the east coast: DC, Philly, New York and Boston, oh my! There are some posts below about our time in these places so I just wanted to add a couple updates.

First off, we went to my sister Rachel's kindergarten class in Manhattan which was ridiculously cute...



Unfortunately, I started my period on the subway ride over to class so wasn't feeling so great...I ended up leaving and spending the day in bed. And then continued to spend the subsequent 5 days feeling terribly ill. It was really rough, physically and emotionally, and there is so much to say about it, but I'm moving on, and feeling stronger every day.

Now, we are in Millerton in upstate NY which has been a sweet relief of sunshine and fresh mountain air. We are staying at the Round House with a friend who is a radical queer Jewish organizer. We went to visit the newborn baby goats at Isabella Friedman Retreat Center as well as Wildseed. Today we are headed over to Watershed and will write more about our experience at these different land projects soon.


Xo,
Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment