Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Sister Family

A bit of a late but sweet update from our time in Richmond, Virginia. It was so lovely to see my sister Sadie and her to-be hubby Leo at their home with my favorite dog niece Patterson! We had a fun time walking around town, playing with Patterson, and eating cheeseburgers and ice cream. Then my other sister, Rachel arrived so we all got to hang out and play Yahtzee together! (And watch Magic Mike XXL) So ridiculous...



Rachel got a 5-5-5-5-5 YAHTZEE and Patterson was very excited about it.
Then Freddie and I went and stayed in the dreamiest cabin in the Shenendoah National Park. Sadie is a member of the Potomac Appalachian Trail Club so has access to these isolated rustic cabins for $25/night! It was a really nice time for us to rest, rejuvenate and connect. We harvested wood for a fire to keep us warm, collected spring water, and otherwise laid in the sunshine, talked, played music, and had a sweet time.



We returned from the cabin and I had a somewhat drastic transition to my sister Sadie's bachelorette party in D.C. The party element wasn't my thing (not a shocker) but it was so special to be there with her and celebrate her life and love. My sisters and I lead such different lives, and I am so grateful for the many moments and ways they intersect and we get sustain beautiful relationships.
No comment necessary, right? Lol.

Rachel, Sadie and Me
We are now about to leave Philly and head to NYC. Its a time of the trip with lots of big cities so things are moving fast! We will write an update about our precious time in Philly soon....

-
Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment